RD 400 Restoration - The Beginning
Just before Christmas I got bored for a day so stripped a couple of my RD's ready for restoring.
Frames were checked over for damaged threads ETC and sent for blasting and powder coating, along with any other black bits.
I cleaned up all the nuts and bolts and sent them in for plating.
I have now started assembling the 2 frames, fitting new head bearings ,bushes etc as required.
The first picture shows some of the steel fittings after bead blasting ready for the platers.
The second picture shows the wheels after a couple of hours in the glass bead cabinate.
The next pictures show most of the restored parts and the progress I have made so far.